The BIG 7 Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents don’t just happen. Almost all semi-truck accidents are the preventable result of human error and/or negligence on the part of the truck driver, trucking company, other motorists, or both.
The “big seven” causes of truck accidents are:
- Overloading of trucks – can render brakes and other equipment less functional
- Lack of proper spacing between trucks and other vehicles – reduces reaction time
- Driving long distances without breaks – can cause “road hypnosis”
- Lack of driver concentration – leads to distraction
- Driver fatigue – can cause driver to fall asleep at the wheel
- High driver stress levels – leads to poor decision-making
- Mechanical failure of truck components – causes vehicle to malfunction
Truck accident deaths and injuries ruin lives and destroy property. If you or your loved ones are a victim of a semi-truck accident, you owe it to yourself and your family to seek compensation. You can recover for the wrongful death, pain and suffering created by a truck accident by seeking out a qualified personal injury attorney and compelling the party at fault to compensate you and your family for the injuries and property damage caused by their negligence.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident involving an 18 wheeler, semi-tractor trailer or commercial delivery truck, do not hesitate. Call Attorney Spencer Shields at Shields Law Group now for a free consultation. Mr. Shields has 23+ years of experience handling injury cases. Call (913) 393-2080 (Kansas) or (816) 421-0800 (Missouri), or email Mr. Shields privately at email@example.com to discuss your situation further. We handle cases nationally as well.